Accessible Customer Service Plan
YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC. is committed to excellence in serving all clients, suppliers, employees and visitors including people with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standard, we present the following plan as confirmation of our dedication in all services provided.
Yummy Catering is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet AODA and WCAG 2.0 Guidelines and conformance. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com
Any person who requires an assistive device is welcomed in our facility. There will be restricted access to certain parts of the company, as there can be water damage or slippery floors due to water and/or steam.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive procedures on site and have access to information regarding assistive devices that can be used while accessing our facility.
- This information will be presented in written form to all employees when in training and will also be available upon request at any time through office or kitchen managers – Accessibility Information Package for Yummy Catering Services Inc.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability, such as:
- in person;
- by telephone;
- by written letter;
- by electronic mail;
- by text messaging.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals upon request. Service animals are allowed on restricted parts of our premises that will not compromise the health and safety laws regarding all meal preparation in our facility.
If the service animal cannot continue throughout certain parts of our facility, we will provide the service animal with a safe waiting area. A designated person will accompany and guide anyone with disabilities throughout the remaining facility.
Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or access to the facility for clients, suppliers, employees or visitors with or without disabilities, YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC, will notify the persons promptly through any of the means of communication listed in this plan.
One or more of the following actions will take place if considered suitable:
- Posted notice on main entry to the facility that will include information about the reason for the disruption or closure, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternate means of communication;
- A detailed recording with information for the disruption or closure, its anticipated time and description of alternate means of communication when someone calls the company;
- A detailed e-mail to all our current clients with information for the disruption or closure, its anticipated time and description of alternate means of communication with the office.
YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC. will provide training to all employees who deal with clients, suppliers and/or visitors on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- kitchen supervisor;
- kitchen manager;
- office manager.
This training will be provided to staff upon completion of their 3 months probation.
Training will include the following topics:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standard.
- YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact/proceed with people with disabilities who use an assistive device, require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to access the organization and move around the facility in a safe manner, depending on the disability.
- Staff will also be notified and trained when changes are made to the plan.
All other employees will have access to the Accessibility Information Package provided when initializing training within the company. This information package will take into consideration various aspects regarding the following topics:
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005;
- Yummy Catering’s Accessibility Plan
- People with different types of disabilities;
- How to Interact with people who use assistive devices;
- How to Interact with people who have a service animal or are accompanied by a support person;
- General information for employees when a person with disabilities is visiting the facility.
YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC values all feedback received. We will honor each individuals concern/request and respond in the most suitable fashion, taking into consideration each person’s disability.
Clients, suppliers, employees and/or visitors who wish to provide feedback on the way YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC, provides goods and services to people with disabilities can proceed to do one or more of the following:
- Communicate verbally – in person or by phone;
- Communicate in written form – by e-mail, by letter, with the use of the suggestion box located in the office or through our feedback form.
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled through the proper means of communication, depending on each individual’s needs/disabilities, by the office manager or President.
Customers can expect to hear back in 1 to 3 business days.
Notice of Availability
YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC. will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by having this information posted on our website.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of YUMMY CATERING SERVICES INC. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Yummy Catering Services Inc.